Three teens charged with rape of schoolgirl in T&T

HammerOfJusticeCPort of Spain, Trinidad (Trinidad Express) — Three teenagers, charged after a 14-year-old girl alleged she was raped six times, appeared before Deputy Chief Magistrate yesterday.

The three aged 18, 17 and 15 years were not called upon to enter a plea to the indictable charges.

Deputy Chief Magistrate Mark Wellington read the charge to the 15-year-old, whose father was at his side, that on a date unknown between March 31 and May 1 and on May 4 at San Fernando had sexual intercourse with a female who is not his wife and who is over the age of 14 years and under the age of 16.

Against the 17-year-old, three allegations were read that between February 28 and April 1 2015 and on December 20 and 12 last year at San Fernando he also had sexual intercourse with the girl. The boy’s mother stood next to him.

The charge against the 18-year-old alleged that between November 30 2014 and January 1 2015 he also had sexual intercourse with the minor.

Attorney Sean Sobers represented the 18-year-old. Sobers said his client had no criminal matters pending.

The 17-year-old also said he had no matters in court. Police prosecutor Cleyon Seedan told the court the 15-year-old had a pending larceny matter.

Wellington placed the youngest on $40,000 bail and the 17-year-old was granted $25,000 bail. In default of obtaining bail, they will be remanded to the Youth Training Centre. The 18-year-old was granted $60,000 bail.

They were all ordered to return to court on June 15.

You might also like More from author