BASSETERRE ST. KITTS, 08TH SEPTEMBER 2020 — The St. Christopher and Nevis Social Security Board hereby announces a continued stimulus payment for the unemployed for the month of September ONLY, as announced by the Prime Minister of St. Kitts and Nevis, Dr. the Hon. Timothy Harris.
Specifically, this payment is to provide relief to those persons who are still laid off/unemployed as a result of COVID in the Tourism and related sectors.
The guidelines are as follows:
• A certified list of all persons confirmed as laid off/unemployed due to COVID as at 31st August 2020 should be submitted by employers within the Tourism and related sectors.
• The list should identify Employer Name, Employer Registration Number, Employee’s first and last name and Employee Social Security Number.
• The list received would be verified by Social Security in particular, ourCompliance Department.
• Applications for new applicants within this industry should be submitted with the list. Application forms for pre-existing applicants would not be necessary as their previous application would be used.
• The list from Employers and any new application forms must be submitted to the Social Security Board no later than the 18th of September 2020 at 4pm and Employers can make their submissions through our drop box facilities outside of the Social Security building on the Bay Road, St. Kitts or Pinney’s Estate Nevis.
• Those in other industries will be subject to verification and approval on a case by case basis. These include persons such as school vendors, entertainers, airport red cap persons, entertainment and recreational vendors etc.
• Persons in receipt of Social Security pensions or any type of benefits are not eligible for the payment.
• Government Employees, employees of Statutory Corporations and STEP employees are not eligible for the payment.
• Persons in receipt of PAP or any other form of income will not be eligible for the payment. These also include persons on reduced hours.
• Employees who have received his/her redundancy payments will not be eligible for the payment.
For the Self-employed
• Self Employed persons within the Tourism Industry who are registered and have not resumed activities will be eligible. These include persons such as taxi drivers, beach braiders, beach vendors, souvenir vendors, monkey vendors, tour guides, masseuse etc. All applications will be thoroughly vetted.
• Self Employed persons who meet the criteria must re-apply. Application forms for the self-employed will be made available at our offices from Tuesday 8th September 2020 and submissions can be made through our drop box facilities outside of the Social Security building on the Bay Road, St. Kitts or Pinney’s Estate Nevis.
• Forms must be submitted no later than the 18th of September 2020 at 4pm.
• Self-employed persons receiving any other form of income will not qualify for the payments, that is (PAP, pensions, Social Security Benefits or wages from another institution).
All payments will be made via cheque and eligible persons will receive a call from our Customer Service Unit to collect their cheque. One must present a valid ID to collect their cheque.
Payments are scheduled to begin on Friday 25th September 2020 in the amount of $1000.
As at 31st August 2020, a grand total of $20,344,755.59 was disbursed. For the month of April, 8275 persons were paid amounting to $7,982,206.49. For the month of May, 7,964 persons were paid amounting to $7,679,212.44 and for the month of June, 5,278 persons, were paid amounting to 5,033,475.36.
The COVID 19 Relief Fund has provided support to all eligible persons in amounts of up to $1000 per month from April – June 2020.