St. Christopher and Nevis Social Security Board Electronic Funds Transfer

Recently, the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union launched its Electronic Funds Transfer or EFT in Antigua and Barbuda and St. Kitts and Nevis. Other OECS territories will come on board in short order.

Electronic Funds Transfer or EFT is an authorized transmission of funds from or to accounts through the Automated Clearing House. Note well, this do not apply to Credit Unions.

The EFT was launched in an effort to provide bank customers within the ECCU with a faster, more efficient and more secure payment solution, and to ensure that the ECCU is innovating its payment systems in order to align with international standards.

As it relates to Social Security, all benefit payments via direct deposit can only be executed if the insured person or claimant completes an Electronic Funds Transfer form. Only one form must be completed if future benefits will go to that one account. Should you wish to send payments to a different account on a subsequent claim, a new form must be completed.

To avoid delay in your benefit payment, once you are using direct deposit, kindly note the following:

  1. If you are currently receiving your monthly pension or any other benefit via direct deposit you must submit an EFT form to your nearest Social Security as soon as possible. If you are living abroad, kindly have the same form notarized by a Notary Public and submitted to Social Security. For ease, overseas pensioners can have their form scanned and email to


  1. If you have recently submitted a short-term claim to Social Security, i.e. sickness, maternity, funeral grant, employment injury etc., please visit us to complete the EFT form to accommodate your request. Please note that if a EFT is not completed, the benefit payment will be sent via post.

The Electronic Funds Transfer form is available at our offices or on our website at There is also a sample for ease of reference.
If you have concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Finance and Investment Department at 465 2535 or 469 5245.

You might also like