Quarantine Task Force Launched

Basseterre, St. Kitts, April 1, 2020 (ZIZ News):  As a supplementary measure to the national lockdown in St. Kitts and Nevis the government has launched a Covid-19 Quarantine Task Force to ensure that persons who are supposed to be quarantined stay on their premises.

ZIZ News spoke with Acting Comptroller of Customs, Kennedy De Silva, who is a member of the Task Force.

He said health officials backed by the security forces are visiting each person under quarantine to ensure that they follow the regulations or they will face penalties.

He said so far the persons they have visited have been following the regulations and have all signed a legally binding document which outlines the penalties that one would face if he or she breaks the quarantine. This document remains in effect for the period of their quarantine even after the lockdown ends.

He called on everyone to follow the Ministry of Health’s guidelines to restrict the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

The Quarantine Task Force is made up of Acting Comptroller of Customs, Kennedy De Silva, Head of Immigration Department, Merclyn Hughes, and Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Kaye Bass.

They are supported by officials in the Ministry of Health and police officers.

You might also like