St. Kitts & Nevis Reduces Restrictions for International Air Travelers
Effective today, October 7, 2021, SR&O (Statutory Rules ad Orders) No. 38, reduces the Vacation in Place, quarantine from four (4) days to 24 hours for fully vaccinated international air travelers. Within 24 hours upon arrival into St. Kitts and Nevis, travelers staying at their “Travel Approved” Tourist Accommodation (Condo, Hotel, Resort, Villa) will be tested. Upon receipt of a negative RT PCR test, travelers will be able to fully integrate into the Federation, including dining in restaurants, experiencing the vibe at one of the local beach bars on “The Strip,” visiting our unique and one-of-kind attractions, sailing the clear waters, hiking the volcano, shopping our local craft markets or just chilling at one of our beaches.
As announced on May 29, 2021, only fully vaccinated travelers will be allowed entry to the Federation.
- Exemptions are in place for Citizens and Residents of the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis and children under the age of 18 accompanying their fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
- All Travel Protocols and Requirements remaining in place for the Federation of St. Kitts & Nevis, including the submission of negative test results from an RT PCR test 72 hours prior to arrival
- Please see https://www.stkittstourism.kn/
A traveler is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed since receiving their second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford, Sinopharm, or Sinovac), or two weeks after they have received a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). Mixing of approved vaccines for St. Kitts and Nevis is accepted.
The previously announced travel requirements for non-vaccinated travelers are null and void. Below are the travel requirements for fully vaccinated travelers:
- Proof of vaccination is a scanned copy of the traveler’s official COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. Upon submission of their vaccination card and completion of their travel authorization form, once verified, international travelers, will receive authorization of their vaccination card and a KN number.
- Traveler must complete the Travel Authorization Form on the national website (www.knatravelform.kn), including uploading your proof of vaccination and proof of booking at a Travel Approved hotel.
- Upon submission of a completed KNA travel form, the traveler must upload their official COVID-19 RT-PCR negative test result from a CLIA/CDC/UKAS approved lab accredited with ISO/IEC 17025 standard taken 72 hours prior to travel. There are no exceptions to the 72-hour timeframe.
- Upon submission of the copy of their official vaccination card and copy of their COVID -19 RT-PCR test negative result, the traveler’s information will be reviewed and they will receive the approval letter to enter the Federation (letter as pictured below).
- For their trip, the traveler should bring a copy of their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card and their negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test. Please note, acceptable COVID-19 RT-PCR tests must be taken by nasopharyngeal sample. Self-samples, rapid tests, or home tests will be considered invalid.
- International travelers will undergo a health screening at the airport which includes a temperature check and a health questionnaire. Upon arrival, if a fully vaccinated traveler is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 during the health screening, they can be required to undergo an RT- PCR test at the airport at their own cost (150 USD).
- Fully vaccinated international travelers arriving by air will be asked to Vacation in Place at a “Travel Approved” hotel for 24 hours.
- During the Vacation in Place period, all fully vaccinated international travelers arriving by air are free to move throughout the “Travel Approved” hotel, interact with other guests and partake in hotel activities only.
- Fully vaccinated international travelers arriving by air will be tested within the first 24 hours of their stay (USD 150 visitors’ cost) and once their test is negative, they may integrate into the Federation.
Effective May 1, 2021, fully vaccinated international travelers arriving by air are required to submit an exit RT-PCR test (150 USD traveler’s expense).
- Travel Approved hotels for international travelers are:
- Four Seasons
- Golden Rock Inn
- Marriott Beach Club
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach
- Paradise Beach
- Park Hyatt
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel
International travelers who would like to stay at a private rental home or condo must stay at a property that has been pre-approved as quarantine housing at their own cost, including security. Please submit a request to email@example.com
Travel restrictions for Brazil, India, and South Africa remain in place, with persons from the aforementioned destinations denied entry into the federation at this time.