NIA Accepting Applications for Financial Assistance to Pursue Higher Education
CHARLESTOWN, NEVIS, December 08, 2022 (NIA)- The following is an announcement from the Ministry of Human Resources in the Nevis Island Administration (NIA):
The Ministry of Human Resources is pleased to inform you that we are now accepting applications from persons wishing to pursue higher education and are interested in receiving Financial Assistance from the Nevis Island Administration (NIA). An individual may apply for financial assistance, whether or not the individual is employed by the NIA. Interested persons must adhere to the following guidelines for applications to be considered:
1. A cover letter addressed to Mr. Edson Elliott, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Human Resources, requesting financial assistance. The letter should also state:
a. The course of study;
b. Why do you wish to undergo the specified field of education and how will such training influence your professional development;
c. How will your professional development contribute to the federation of St. Kitts and Nevis; and
d. The commencement date and expected duration of studies.
2. An original University Acceptance Letter (university applicants who have not yet received acceptance letters are encouraged to still apply, providing there is evidence that the university has received your application).
3. A breakdown of course fees from the respective university.
4. A completed Financial Assistance Application Form.
5. Birth Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship – must be a Nevisian (by birth or citizenship).
Kindly note that financial aid awardees will be required to fulfill bonding obligations with NIA. See the Application Form to provide this information.
Applications must be delivered to the Ministry of Human Resources by Friday, March 31st, 2023.
For additional guidance, please see the attached documents and/or contact the following persons at the Ministry of Human Resources:
Shelly Liburd (Mrs) shelly.jonesliburd@
Shanola Murrey-Gill (Mrs) shanola.murreygill@
Shaniele Skeete (Ms) shaniele.skeete@niagov.
Tel. No.: (869) 469-5521 Exts. 5166/4/3