NIA Seeking To Fill Vacant Chief Labour Officer Position
NIA CHARLESTOWN NEVIS (OCTOBER 26, 2021) — The following is an announcement from the Ministry of Human Resources in the Nevis Island Administration (NIA) regarding a vacancy in the Ministry of Communications.
The Ministry of Communications invites suitably qualified individuals to apply for the post of Chief Labour Officer.
The Ministry is searching for a dedicated leader to oversee the day-to-day administration of the Labour Department. The Chief Labour Officer will also be responsible for providing advice to employers, employees, and the government, regarding employment-related legislation. In this position, one will also investigate and/or supervise investigations with the main objective of settling labour disputes between employees and employers.
The following are some of the main duties for the Chief Labour Officer:
– Advise the government regarding the advancement of industrial relations as well as general labour matters
– In consultation with Senior Officers – plan, direct, and control the administration of the Laws and Agreements, regulating the terms and conditions of employment
– Enforce the provisions of the Law and regulating the safety, health, and welfare in places of employment
– Encourage compliance with the provisions of the Laws regulating terms and conditions of employment, and to occupational safety, health and welfare
– Report on the administration of the Law relating to occupational safety, health, and welfare
– Liaise with the Labour Commissioner to enforce the labour laws in the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis
– Consult with Permanent Secretary and the department’s Senior Officers to prepare the Draft Estimates of expenditure.
– A bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or any other related field
– A minimum of five (5) years experience in a managerial/supervisory role
– Must be confidential, impartial, considerate, dependable, and self-directed
– Be skilled at research, analysis, documentation, recommendations, and presentation
– Considerable management, organizational, and computer skills
– Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills; emotional intelligence
– Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills
– Customer-service oriented (both internal and external)
– Be able to build and maintain positive working relationships
The salary scale for the role of Chief Labour Officer is N33 – N40.
LOCATION: Applicants must forward their letter of interest, resume and
- EMAIL: Dr. Ernie Stapleton at email@example.com;
or firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- MAILING ADDRESS: Dr. Ernie Stapleton, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Communications et al, Nevis Island Administration, Administration Building, Charlestown.