St George’s, Grenada — The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Council of Tourism Ministers will meet for a second occasion in Grenada on Thursday. The ministerial meeting will be convened under the theme: OECS Economic Union: Pushing the Tourism Envelope.
Some key matters to be discussed at this meeting include:
1. Ease of travel within the OECS
2. Joint representation of the OECS at international boat shows
3. The OECS Network of Excellence for Tourism and Hospitality Training and Education Project
4. The World Bank Tourism Competitiveness Project
5. OECS Community-Based Tourism Programme
6. Opportunities for collaboration between the OECS and Martinique; and also with Cuba
7. Sustainable Destination Alliance for the Americas (SDAA) programme
In addition to representation from OECS member states, including Martinique, other delegates from the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, and the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association will be represented at the meeting as observers.