Officials Prepare for Heart of St. Kitts Week
BASSETERRE (23rd Feb., 2017): The Heart of St. Kitts Foundation will be celebrating its first year of existence with the launch of the Heart of St. Kitts Week from February 25th- March 4th 2017, with the theme: ” Open Your Heart…Leave a Legacy.”
The Heart of St. Kitts Week will seek to raise awareness of The Heart of St. Kitts Foundation, and inspire visitors, locals and businesses to offer donations to assist with local projects that will make St. Kitts a better place to reside in and experience.
The Heart of St. Kitts Foundation was established in 2016, and is a team effort between the Ministry of Tourism and tourism enterprises on island. The aim of the Foundation is to ensure that development on the island continue to preserve and benefit the environment, culture, heritage and likelihood of its residents. Its goal is to build awareness around the importance of sustainability in St. Kitts and to provide funding for local projects that help to contribute in making the island a better and more sustainable place to live and experience.
The list of activities for the Heart of St. Kitts Week are as follows:
- Saturday 25th February: iFlamboyant Mid-Season Arts and Craft Festival at Jam Rock, from 10am- 5pm.
- Sunday 26th February: Exclusive Sunset Catamaran including marine and coastal highlights, and cocktails at Salt Plage. US$100 per participant from 4pm-8pm.
- Monday 27th February: Tv appearance on ZIZ Upfront show.
- Tuesday 28th February and Wednesday 1st March: Port Zante Outreach—booths will be set up educating persons on the HOSF and fundraising. From 9am-5pm.
- Thursday 2nd March: Branding of Black Rocks Bus stop with HOSF logo and at 3pm radio interview on Kupid’s show at Kyss Fm.
- Friday 3rd March: Raffle Grand Prize drawing at Bary’s Bar and Grill at 7:30pm.
- Saturday 4th March: Beach Cleanup and presentation of gifts to raffle winners. Cockleshell Bay from 6am- 12pm.
Also, throughout the week selected restaurants will be offering complimentary drinks with food purchases once the customer mentions Heart of St. Kitts. A percentage from purchased meals will be donated to The Heart of St. Kitts Foundation.
The restaurants offering complimentary drinks are as follows:
- Saturday 25th February: Ti Amo will offer a free coffee, tea or lemonade with a purchase of a sandwich between the hours of 8am – 6pm.
- Sunday 26th February: Sprat Net will offer a free drink with the purchase of a meal between the hours of 5pm- 10pm.
- Monday 27th February: Poinciana will offer a free fruit punch or rum punch with the purchase of a meal between the hours of 10am–9pm.
- Tuesday 28th February: Ballahoo will offer a free drink with the purchase of a meal between the hours of 7am-3pm.
- Wednesday 1st March: Spice Mill will offer a free beverage with the purchase of a meal between the hours 12pm-10pm.
- Thursday 2nd March: Marshall’s Restaurant will offer a free glass of wine with the purchase of a meal 6pm-9pm.
- Friday 3rd March: Bary’s Bar and Grill will offer a free drink with the purchase of a meal between the hours of 5pm-10pm.
- Saturday 4th March: Ital Creations will offer a free juice with the purchase of a meal between the hours of 11am- 4pm.