Police Updates (August 19, 2014)


Kevin Williams alias “Lebo” of Sandy Point and Alister Welsh of Challengers Village were formally arrested and charged for Disorderly Conduct by Fighting, which was committed on 16th August 2014 at Warner Park Cricket Stadium.

Kevin Williams
Kevin Williams

Trevorn Joseph
Trevorn Joseph

Dione Paul of Lockhart Street, Basseterre was formally arrested and charged for Possession of Cannabis, which was committed on 15th August 2014.

A juvenile was formally arrested and charged for Possession of Cannabis, which was committed on 15th August 2014.

Trevorn Joseph of Boyd’s Village was formally arrested and charged for Battery on Police and Resisting Arrest, which were committed on 16th August 2014.

Dione Paul
Dione Paul

Alister Welsh

Court Convictions

District “A” Magistrate Court

Christopher Roberts of New Road Housing was convicted for Indecent and Insulting Language, which were committed on 12th October 2013, and placed on a bond to keep the peace for two (2) years. He was also ordered to not interfere with the victim and if taken back before the Court within the two (2) years period, he will be sentenced for these offences for which he was convicted.

Search and Rescue Operation

Officers of the Dieppe Bay Police Station, officers of the St. Kitts and Nevis Fire and Rescue Services, members of the St. Kitts and Nevis Defence Force who were camping at the St. Paul Primary School, and two (2) residents of Dieppe Bay conducted an intense search and rescue mission for two (2) individuals who lost their way to the Crater.

Two (2) students of the Windsor University attempted a hiking expedition to the crater at Mount Liamigua about 11:00 AM on yesterday, Saturday 16 August 2014. About 4:30 PMwhile walking along the trail, they realised that they were still some distance away from the top and would not have gotten  there before sunset.  Therefore, they decided to return to their car which they parked at close proximity to the entrance of the trail.  However, on their way to the vehicle they went off the trail and ended into a ravine (ghaut) some 30 feet from the bottom, they were unable to see where they were going and lost all sense of direction.  They remained in that location and called their friends for assistance via their mobile phone, who subsequently reported it to the Police about 5:30 PM.

The search team was mobilised and conducted, and with the aid of GPS coordinates provided by the students. They located the students about 1:00 AM on this morning, Sunday 17 August 2014. The mission ended at 7:45 AM later in the day when everyone returned to the Dieppe Bay Police Station.  The students were later examined by members of the The St. Kitts and Nevis Fire and Rescue EMS, and they were treated for minor bruises and scratches.

Commissioner CG Walwyn therefore takes this opportunity to all the individuals who were involved in the operation for the role that they played on the search and rescue mission.

You might also like