Robert Manning MBE Scholarship Awards 2013
Three Worthy Candidates off to Pursue Their Dreams
Basseterre, St. Kitts—19th August, 2013–In a short but impressive ceremony on Friday 9th August 2013, three worthy recipients of the Robert Manning MBE Scholarship Award were presented with certificates of their awards at the Social Security Office in Basseterre on St. Kitts. Jacintha Lawrence, Sybastian Manners and Lyncia Dore were the proud recipients of the latest tranche of Financial Assistance which comprises the award.
Assistant Director of Compliance and Benefits Mr. Elvin Bailey chaired the proceedings which entailed the following:
• Invocation by Management Information Systems Manager Mr. James Bradshaw
• Special Remarks by Chairman of the Board Mr. Halva Hendrickson
• Special Remarks and Distribution of the Certificates by the Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee Ms. Eslyn Swanston
• Appreciation Remarks on behalf of the awardees by Ms. Jacintha Lawrence, and
• Vote of Thanks by Board Member Mr. Frank Farrell
The students will be executing their various programs at different respective universities. Ms. Lawrence will be studying for a Bachelors Degree in Actuarial Studies at the University of Central Oklahoma. Mr. Manners will be pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Geography at the University of the West Indies. Ms Dore has set her sights on studies leading to a Bachelors Degree in Psychology at the University of the Virgin Islands.
The scholarship award has been structured to benefit more than one person at each iteration by providing apportioned financial assistance to each individual out of every triennial allocation. The Scholarship Committee receives applications from across St. Kitts and Nevis and then conducts interviews to determine the eventual recipients.
The Social Security Board congratulates this group of awardees and wishes them success in their academic pursuits.