Social Security Minister Sam Condor satisfied with Beacon Heights Project
|Homes under construction (file photo).|
|Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Social Security Hon. Sam Condor (third from the left) and other Social Security and CONTEC officials turning the sod at the ground breaking ceremony.|
BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS,APRIL 13TH 2012 (CUOPM) – Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Social Security, the Hon. Sam Condor says the Beacon Heights Housing Development Project at Dewars is progressing smoothly.
He told Wednesday’s meeting of the Cabinet that recent issues surrounding the project had now subsided in particular and matters which had been raised by the St. Kitts and Nevis Chamber of Industry and Commerce(CIC) were satisfactorily addressed and responded to by him as Minister responsible, and that there was no further major issue reported by stakeholders.
Minister of Information, Sen. the Hon. Nigel Carty said Mr. Condor also reported that five properties at Beacon Heights had been purchased and that there was now increased interest in the project.
“As matters were progressing smoothly, the Hon. Sam Condor foresaw the completion of the landscaping component by May of this year and the complete build-out of the project over the next 7 to 10 years,” said Minister Carty.
“It was revealed that the Beacon Heights project was going to benefit from a major promotion exercise to be hosted in Canada around the time of Whit week in May and that further interest is likely to be generated there from,” said Mr. Carty.
He said also that Minister Condor informed the Cabinet that a policy decision was taken that going forward the Beacon Heights project would be funded by the receipts from sales and by clients’ deposits, as this was the most appropriate strategy at this time taking all relevant matters into consideration.