Basseterre, St. Kitts, December 10, 2021 — Effective Saturday, December 11th, 2021, fully vaccinated international travelers, nationals, and locals arriving by Air into the Federation are no longer required to test upon arrival or Vacation in Place (quarantine) for 24-hours while awaiting test results. Fully Vaccinated cruise passengers upon arrival at Port Zante, Charlestown, or South Friars are now allowed to fully integrate (Free Flow) into the Federation.
Only vaccinated travelers may visit St. Kitts and Nevis. Effective December 11, 2021, all children 12 and older must also be fully vaccinated in order to travel to St. Kitts and Nevis. Exemptions are in place for Citizens and Residents of the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis and also for children 11 and under who are accompanying their fully vaccinated parents or guardians. All travelers must submit negative test results from an RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel.
“The end of our Vacation in Place protocol for Air Travelers and Free Flow for Cruise passengers are major achievements in our phased approach to tourism recovery in the Covid 19 Pandemic,” said Lindsay F.P. Grant, Minister of Tourism, Transport and Ports. “We will maintain all tourism protocols through Travel Approved Certification for both air and cruise passengers. All stakeholders must be vaccinated to operate Travel Approved taxi/tours, attractions, excursions, restaurants, bars, or provide vendor services such as hair braiding. We are confident that our continued focus on a phased reopening will enable a meaningful rebound of the industry.”
Travelers must continue to show proof of vaccination to visit attractions or book tour experiences. Excursions must be scheduled through the concierge desk at Travel Approved Hotels or Resorts, and must utilize Travel Approved Taxis.
The following attractions are now accessible with proof of vaccination:
- Brimstone Hill Fortress and National Park
- Carambola Beach Club
- Caribelle Batik
- Fairview Great House
- Palms Court Gardens
- Port Zante including vendors from Amina Craft Market and Black Rocks
- St. Kitts Scenic Railway
- Vibes Beach Bar
- Reggae Beach
- Spice Mill
“The evolution of our protocols and the end of our Vacation in Place quarantine will make St. Kitts and Nevis even more competitive for travelers planning trips for 2022,” said Racquel Brown, CEO of the St. Kitts Tourism Authority. “With seamless integration into the Federation, travelers can enjoy our quintessential Caribbean that engages the senses.”
This change comes on the heels of other significant announcements. International travelers can now plan overnight stays at multiple hotels, or book a twin island getaway between St. Kitts and Nevis. Fully vaccinated Nationals and Residents are also able to book hotel stays for staycation experiences, and can enter the Port Zante site while cruise ships are in port. Individuals must show a photo ID alongside a photocopy or original vaccination card in order to enter retail stores, bars, restaurants and casino.
All Travel Protocols and Requirements remaining in place for the Federation of St. Kitts & Nevis, including the submission of negative test results from an RT PCR test 72 hours prior to arrival. Please see https://www.stkittstourism.kn/
Below are the travel requirements for fully vaccinated travelers as of December 11, 2021:
- All travelers 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. A traveler is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed since receiving their second dose of a two dose vaccine series (Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford, Sinopharm or Sinovac), or two weeks after they have received a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). Mixing of approved vaccines for St. Kitts and Nevis is accepted.
- Submit a covid-19 RT-PCR negative test results from a CLIA/CDC/UKAS approved lab accredited with ISO/IEO 17025 standard, taken 72 hours prior to travel. These tests must be taken by nasopharyngeal sample. (no self-samples, rapid tests or home tests will be considered valid – visit testfortravel.com to find a testing location near you).
- Fill out the embarkation form and all other supporting documentation.
- Fully vaccinated travelers will be required to submit a copy of their official vaccination record card including dates when doses were administered.
- All incoming travelers must have hard copies of their KNA travel form, negative RT-PCR test results, vaccination record card and taxi fare as only Travel Approved taxis will be allowed to transport travelers to their accommodations.
- Forms must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to travel: visit here to access form, upload test results and vaccination record card.
- Health Screening Questions:
- All travelers will have temperature checked and answer a series of health screening questions, including health and travel history.
- In the event a traveler exhibits any covid symptoms during the health screening, the traveler will be required to take a covid-19 test on site at the traveler’s expense.
- Book at travel approved hotel for international travelers:
- Golden Rock Inn
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach
- Oualie Beach Resort
- Paradise Beach
- Park Hyatt, St. Kitts
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel
- St. Kitts Beach Club
- The Four Seasons, Nevis
- The St. Kitts Marriott Resort
- Timothy Beach Resort
- Antigen tests are available for outbound air travelers whose countries of origin accept approved rapid testing upon return from international destinations. RT-PCR testing is also available. The Federation has removed the exit testing requirement for travelers whose countries of origin do not require return testing.
International travelers who would like to stay at a private rental home or condo must stay at a property that has been pre-approved as a quarantine housing at their own cost, including security. Please submit request to email@example.com.