Tesril Nisbett to be honoured during Independence 10 K run
Sports Page—Friday 13th September, 2013–President of the Nevis Amateur Athletic Association (NAAA), Lester Blackett, on Thursday announced that the late multi talented sporting personality, Tesril Nisbett will be honoured during the course of the upcoming 10 k race to be hosted as part of the Independence 30 celebrations.
Without giving too many details, Blackett alluded to a moment’s silence prior to the start of the event and a presentation to a family member of the fallen star.
Blackett also used the opportunity to give an update on the upcoming event and shared the following information.
- The race will be held on Monday 16th September beginning at 7.30 am sharp, just in front of the A.L. Evelyn Nevis Tourism Authority Building located on Main Street in Charlestown
- The athletes will run along Main Street, against the natural flow of traffic until the turnaround point, just past Cotton Ground
- They will follow the same route back to the finish line
- Water stations will be located at Pinneys and in the vicinity of Gordon Parry of Cotton Ground
- There are three categories of racers based on their ages:: under 18; under 30 and over 30. If at least 20 Primary school children register, an under 13 category will be included
- Special arrangements are being made for Kittitian athletes, as a boat will be provided from Cockle shell to Oualie starting its first run at 6am
- Registration which is absolutely free of cost, can be done at the Tourism Authority building; The Nevis Sports Department and especially for athletes in St. Kitts, by phone calls or emails
- Prizes include cash prizes and trophies: male and female first placers in each category will receive $500.00, male and female second placers will receive $300.00 and male and female 3rd placers will receive $100.00. Additionally, the overall male and female winners will receive an extra $200.00
- All participants will receive certificates of participation
Blackett is encouraging the entire Nevisian public to support the event because of its health and fitness benefits and the family fun involved. For those persons who are not participating, he is encouraging them to watch the runners in action and give them their support.
He is expecting at least 150 persons to take part in the event.